PERFORATING WIRELINE - TCP
The communication between the reservoir and the well is a fundamental key for an optimal hydrocarbon production, as well as reaching high penetrations and larger intervals that can only be achieved with the technique of TCP. PetroAlianza at the forefront of the most demanding and most efficient technologies, places in its service stand the most advanced techniques at the level of production of reservoirs.
Optimal and Dynamic Pressure
HIGH DENSITY SHOT
In this method the gun is transported at the lower end of the pipe. With this system, clean, deep and symmetrical holes are achieved, since it allows the use of larger diameter guns, high penetration shots, high shooting density, without limits on the length of intervals to be shot in the same trip; all this combined with an optimal differential pressure in favor of the reservoir in dynamic conditions at the time of the perforating.
This system allows the elimination of damage created by drilling, cementing and perforating operations, using the same reservoir energy.
The ability to combine deep and high penetration in the formation, shooting phase and a differential pressure in favor of the formation, allows to obtain an optimal productivity ratio (Actual production vs theoretical production), even after having been plugged half or two thirds of the tunnels created.
The productivity ratio is a direct function of the perforating efficiency together with the reservoir characteristics.
1st step: The pipe is run together with the gun and packer.
2nd step: Packer is settled.
3rd step: Guns are activated, so well is shot
One of the perforating techniques that allows this type of method is the under-balance perforating (PH < PY). The hydrostatic column pressure at depth of perforating is less than the formation pressure.
The optimal perorating is obtained with a negative differential pressure and with solids-free fluids. This technique is developed after many analyzes to the technique of over-balance perforating, which does not prevent the completion fluid from having contact with the formation and that the residues of perforating remain in the tunnels created.
Characteristics of Under-Balance Perforating:
- It creates a condition in which the formation fluids flow immediately into the well
- It allows operations with well aligned to production facilities.
- It removes gun debris from the tunnels created and simultaneously return them to the well immediately after shooting.
- It removes drilling and completions fluids from the damaged zone, guarranteeing clean perforations.
- There are no risks of completions fluids to invade the formation.
- It guarantees cleaning of the created tunnels.
- When guns are fired, a compacted zone of lower permeability is generated having no explosive debris.